Strengthening the capabilities to collect, process and analyse organised crime data and enhancing the administrative capacity of the Public Ministry
SIPOCA 764/MySMIS 133394
Beneficiary (Partnership leader): Prosecutor’s Office Attached to the High Court of Cassation and Justice
Partners: Ministry of Justice, General Inspectorate of Romanian Police, General Inspectorate of Customs Police, National Institute of Statistics.
General objective of the project: Strenghtening the capabilities to colect, process and analyse organised crime data and enhancing the administrative capacity of the Public Ministry.
Specific objectives (SOs):
- SO_1. Develop and implement an informatic system/software system/data processing system to collect and efficiently transfer data regarding organised crime.
- SO_2. Draft/Elaborate the National Organised Crime Threat Assessment and elaborate a draft national strategy to combat organised crime.
- SO_3. Design, develop and implement a secure web portal, accessible to Public Ministry’s employees, with the aim to improve its administrative capacity.
Expected results (Rs):
- R1. Functional informatic system able to collect and transfer in a secure and safe manner the provided data necessary to draft the National Organised Crime Threat Assessment and to ensure the interconnection of institutions/authorities with responsibilities in preventing and combating organised crime.
- R2. Elaborated National Organised Crime Threat Assessment and drafted national strategy to combat organised crime.
- R3. Functional administrative, secure web portal, accessible to Public Ministry’s employees.
- Specific to the organised crime component of the project (which corresponds to SO_1 and SO_2)
50 employees involved/with responsibilities in data analysis from the beneficiary and partner institutions. They will attend specialised training sessions in order to improve their skills and abilities concerning data collection, processing and analysis.
- Specific to the enhancing of the administrative capacity of the Public Ministry component of the project (which corresponds to the SO_3)
260 personnel from the Public Ministry (prosecutors, registrars, specialists and civil servants) will attend training sessions in order to:
- learn how to use the secure web portal and its features (240);
- learn how to administer/manage the web portal (20).
Start date of the project: 6 August 2020
Implementation period: 36 months
Total value: 33,633,040.50 RON (Romanian Lei)